Happy almost New Years everyone! I can’t believe 2011 is almost over :O
I probably should make a list of resolutions for the New Year, but if I do, I doubt I’ll end up following through anyways. It’s worth a try though, I suppose!!!
Next year I will:
- Keep baking!
- Bake different styles of food! (aka. gluten free, vegan, raw, ect.)
- Improve my food photography.
- CONTINUE POSTING ON CHOMPSOFLIFE. (emphasized so I don’t get lazy, hee hee)
- Read and draw more.
- Learn a new skill.
- Do steps one to five, and repeat!
To celebrate this new year, what’s a better treat than chocolate cake? A luxuriously moist yet fluffy one at that! Top it with this Nutella frosting and you’ll opt out of New Years fireworks, choosing instead to stay with the cake. A brilliant decision I might add.
Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso power in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, sour cream, eggs, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients, and whisk together for a minute, or until homogenous.
- Pour in the boiling water, and whisk until smooth. Batter will be quite runny.
- Pour into 2 greased 9 inch cake pans, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted without any crumbs. Cool completely.