I’m currently trying to write my common app essay, which is, to put it lightly, a painful and mind numbing process.
So here are some brownies I made a while ago. (What I would do for one now.)
Classic Chocolate Brownies
adapted from here
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, vanilla, sugar, and eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 9×9 or 8×8 inch greased baking pan at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the sides begin to pull away from the pan.