Five minutes from now you could have seven pancakes. Seven soft, fluffy gluten free pancakes that taste just as delicious as their wheat-filled counterparts. Honestly, they’re easier to make than regular pancakes and I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to make flour ones again.
I’ve made this recipe six times in the past week – three times plain, once with chocolate chips, and twice with cocoa – and all versions received raving reviews from my parents and peers alike. Make this recipe, fall in love, and never spend more than five minutes making pancakes again.
EDIT: From an attempt to cook these pancakes on a regular frying pan, I’ve realized how important a nonstick surface is. So unless you want to make scrambled pancake, use nonstick!
Five Minute Pancakes
(1 minute for gathering ingredients, 1 minute for blending, and 3 minutes to cook; it’s really that easy!)
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (I use 1 pitted date!)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for about a minute, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook at medium-high heat on a non stick pan until golden brown.
- Serve plain, or with syrup, jam, ice cream, or chocolate sauce.