I can make real, non dessert food too! Actually, that’s kind of a lie since the only savory food I can make that doesn’t burn or taste disgusting is pizza, and let’s face it, pizza is pretty much a sugarless dessert with toppings. So, I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I can’t cook. at all. But hey, I have pizza, what can be so bad about that?
Best Pizza Dough
adapted from here
- 4 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ¾ cups ice water
- Stir together the flour, salt, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the olive oil and cold water.
- Stir until a loose dough forms.
- Kneed the dough using the dough hook for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces, brush each piece with oil, and place in separate plastic bags. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Cooking and assembling the pizza:
- Pizza dough (mine were in small portions)
- *Pizza stone
- Parchment Paper
- Pizza Sauce (I’m a rebel and use pasta sauce)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings (I used leftover fake meat hotdogs, bell peppers, black olives, and artichoke hearts)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, placing the a pizza stone to preheat in the oven as well. [*If you don’t have a pizza stone, the recipe can be cooked on a regular sheet pan, but don’t preheat the sheet pan or it could warp.]
- Tear a square piece of parchment paper and pour some flour on top.
- Take the dough and gently cover with flour.
- Roll out the dough to desire thickness (I find that hand stretching the dough after rolling it for a bit helps me make a thinner crust)
- Cut off excess parchment (so you’ll have your dough on a round piece of parchment)
- Add as much sauce to the dough as desired.
- Add whichever toppings you want.
- Transfer the pizza to the over (parchment paper can stay on it to make it easy to place in and remove from oven) and bake for 7-12 minutes.
- Once the cheese is nice and bubbly and the dough appears cooked, remove from oven, allow to cool for as humanly possible, and enjoy!